The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and The Department of Veteran Affairs recently updated the Veterans Crisis Line. As a result, veterans only need to dial 988 and Press 1 to chat with a responder. This update is to make it easier for individuals to reach help when they need it. The previous number – 1-800-273-8255 – will still be available for use.
What is the Veterans Crisis Line?
- Free confidential support 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Live connection with a real person qualified to support Veterans.
- Serves Veterans, Service members, National Guard, Reserve members, and those who support them.
What happens if I call or text 988?
- Dial 988, then Press 1, or text 838255, and chat live with a qualified responder that will listen and help.
- The call is free and confidential, and you only share what you wish with the responder.
- Depending on your situation, the responder will provide you with unique resources to help.
Signs a Veteran is in Crisis
- The end of a personal relationship
- The loss of a job
- Losing a loved one
- Withdrawn from social interactions
- Neglecting personal welfare
- See more signs
Take a confidential Self-Check Quiz to learn more about what is affecting you.
Have you been meaning to file your claim but do not know where to start? Find out more.
Did you submit a claim, and are you waiting to hear back? Check the status of your claim.
Are you worried about your living situation while you wait for your claim to be processed? This page may help.
Learn about Bergmann & Moore
By providing links to other sites, Bergmann & Moore, LLC does not guarantee, approve, or endorse the information, views, or products available on these sites. The information in the post is only accurate for the day initially posted and is not monitored for updates.